Friday, July 09, 2004

Team

I like teams. I loved playing sports in high school and then intramurals in college. The concept of team is a good one. There is one leader, one director, and then the rest are equal. Each person has a job, a responsibility, and often if they fail at that job the rest of the team will fail. The ability to work together makes a good team.

I was driving to work today and saw a facinating model of team. While driving on the interstate I glanced to the median and saw a swarm of about 8 men all taking care of one job. Cutting the grass. Each man had a different task. There were 2 on push mowers, 2 on riding mowers, 2 weed eating and 2 picking up the trash. They were huddles within 20 feet of the other concentrating on their individual task at hand but working as a team. I thought to myself "what an outstanding model of TEAM! I wonder what company they are with." I looked for their work truck and saw the words in bright orange letters "Inmate Van".

I decided after this rather long glance to look back at the road, safety first. I wonder what the church can learn from a bunch of inmates...many, many things!

No comments: