Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Books: I'm still working on the Piper book I started probably a month ago. I picked it up seriously for the first time yesterday and just this morning I was reading it and God spoke to me through the text on specifically the topic I'm bringing the message on this Sunday. I really enjoy his words but Piper talks on a different level in which I live.

I just ordered a slew of books from amazon yesterday so right when they arrive I should be wrapping up Piper and then I can continue my quest to 52.

Discipline: I have really not been feeling the blog lately. But it's times like this that I remind myself that blogging is not always about desire but sometimes about discipline. So hopefully starting today I'm back on the wagon.

Movies: Starting this Sunday and for three weeks The Bridge will be meeting at the Movie Theater. It will be an interesting transition but I think if properly communicated it will be a positive transition.

One Track: I've noticed that I'm really one track minded, I think noticed is the wrong word, I've noticed it before but I think I'm finally recognizing the...(problem?). It's very very hard for me to focus on two specific areas of my life at one time. I'm very good at juggling many tasks but they need to be centrally focused around one area. A great example is my hobbies. There was a time where I was really into video games, I wasn't the spastic overgrown child into video games but I just enjoyed playing them in my down time. But now all of my systems sit in a box in the guest bedroom where they have sat since we moved here in November of 2005. At the start of the year I was really into reading and did little else for my hobby. Lately I've been into target shooting which I really enjoy doing. But oddly enough even though I enjoy both reading and target shooting I can only seem to focus on one thing at a time.

Once I took the Ridley Church Planter's profile and the assessor of the test told me I did something that he had never seen done before. I had segmented my life into two sections. One was things I enjoyed while on the job and the other was things I enjoyed doing in my downtime. He wasn't concerned that the things weren't really related...that was fairly normal but he was curious as to why I split them right down the middle 50/50. I didn't have an answer but I think it was some insight as to how I "process" my life.

No comments: