Monday, April 23, 2007

Promise: Yesterday was one of those Sunday's! It was very encouraging, very motivating and I came into monday with energy and passion. We're in the middle of our Doubter's Anonymous Series and this week I decided to change my message to be titled "Where is God when tragedy strikes?" I don't particularly look forward to messages like this. I always feel the speaker is making excuses for God or that the speaker never actually addresses the question.

I tried to not make excuses for God and to answer the question. I think I did a good job. It's always hard to bring a message like this because at first it's not uplifting and it's not encouraging. But in the end I believe people left with hope.

After the message almost everyone stuck around and had coffee and munchkins. This is the first Sunday where there was lots of connection between people and lots of people meeting other people. I believe this was a huge step for The Bridge. Individual lives and faiths are melding together to form one church.

No comments: