Monday, November 05, 2007

Reading Material: Coming out of Food Lion this morning to feed my new pear addiction (see below) I was approached by a older woman. At first my thought was that I was about to be told about the good news of Jesus Christ. It would be about the 53rd time I've prayed to receive Christ but hey it gives the one brave enough to share Jesus with me the confidence to do it again. It's a little disappointing for them when they ask me to come to church with them and I tell them I can't because I have to deliver the message at my church. But that's what I thought I was getting into this morning.

As she walked up to me she was holding two paper magazines (is that redundant?). I caught the name of one just as she started to hand them to me and say "I just want to give these to you". I realized they were Jehovah's witness propaganda and so I was face with a split second decision. Do I- tell her I'm a pastor and have her leave me alone? A thought came to me and I took the magazines, thank her for them and she was on her way. My strategy. I can always throw them away. Maybe they were her last magazines?

What do you think?



Pears: So I definately have a new addiciton in the way of apples and pears. It was bananas for a long while but now it's pears. I'm a pear advocate...try one today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just make sure that you tear them up before trashing them. Downside is that the JW reported the 2 mags as being "placed" with an interested person.

SUMMARIES OF 600 JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES LAWSUITS & COURT CASES


The following website summarizes over 315 U.S. court cases and lawsuits affecting children of Jehovah's Witness Parents, including 100+ cases where the JW Parents refused to consent to life-saving blood transfusions for their dying children:

DIVORCE, BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS, AND OTHER LEGAL ISSUES AFFECTING CHILDREN OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

http://jwdivorces.bravehost.com


The following website summarizes over 285 lawsuits filed by Jehovah's Witnesses against their Employers, and/or incidents involving problem JW Employees:

EMPLOYMENT ISSUES UNIQUE TO JEHOVAH'S WITNESS EMPLOYEES

http://jwemployees.bravehost.com