Friday, January 28, 2005

Change

I have been place in a few positions of leadership for my denomination both with the youth ministry and with two committees on the District Level. Now I'm not making any hardcore decisions, except with the youth leadership, but rather just getting good experience at what goes on at the District level. It's quite an honor for me and I love learning.

As I read the reports and check the status of our churches I must admit I am startled at the lack of conversions and conversion growth. I know that numbers aren't everything I might be the pot calling the kettle black but...something much change.

Not change for the sake of change but change because the world has already change around us and we are changing merely to try to keep up but still steps behind. I don't think it is a methodological change either, I don't think changing the way we do things is going to connect people to a relationship with Christ. I also know that Christ will not change.

I guess I've come to the conclusion that it is a change in mindset. Those take time, seem pretty much impossible, and people will hate you for it.

I'm ready! Who's with me?

No comments: