Monday, January 31, 2005

Handyman

My Dad basically taught me that there is nothing a man shouldn't be able to do. For instance I can cook dinner, wash dishes, do the laundry and in all reality know how to do anything that needs doing in the house. I'm glad he taught this to me I find I help my wife out so much more than I would normally be able to.

Dad also taught me how to fix stuff or how to do things...actually better than that he taught me how to figure out how to do things so in reality...well in my mind there is nothing I cannot do. I'm very glad he taught me all this stuff. I have only one question though.

Does it ever end? If I'm not doing maintaining stuff like shoveling the snow, mowing the grass or mulching the flower bed then I'm doing something else, like installing a floor, dishwasher, garbage disposal, fixing the heat in my truck (not fun when it's 14 degrees outside).

I have come to the conclusion that indeed it does not ever end and it's too late to pretend like I don't know how to do stuff like many men I know. In the words of Shintaro Kiwano "I'm pooched!"


No comments: