Monday, April 18, 2005

McLaren: I'm reading A Generous Orthodoxy by Brian McLaren. I tried to read the book about 2 months ago but I guess the time was just not right. So I joined a reading group so I'd have some accountability in reading the book. I'm glad I've gotten into it and at about half way through I am really enjoying the read. Nothing he states is terribly theologically thrilling or baffling but he articulates well the beliefs of...himself and I'm sure countless others.

The problem I am finding in some arenas of thought these days is the lack of being able to define just about anything. It is at time frustrating and if this is what the emergent church is going to be like it's not going to be very popular. Which is probably a good thing. I am fine with living without all the answers and living in community with those I may not always agree with but I feel something inside me tells me there must be something that can be defined.

No comments: