Sunday, May 20, 2007



Dear Church by Sarah Cunningham. I'm tired but I did finish this book tonight. I was glad that I read it but can't say that it was the most invigorating read I've had but perhaps one of the most important. At first I was angry that this woman was writing negative things about the church. I guess I'm just tired of hearing gripes and no answers or at least a hope for reconciliation. But she turned out to know what she was talking about and have a background that backs her talk. She grew up a pastor's daughter, worked at a church and most importantly is committed to seeing Christ revealed to the world through the church.

I like how she states that the church is not the hope of the world but Christ is. So often I feel this pressure on me to be hope to the world but really I'm just a reflection of Christ and just a road sign to this hope.

14 of 52

No comments: