Saturday, May 05, 2007

Ordinary: I read a lot of book and I like to watch movies. I think like anyone else I read books about people not like me, I watch movies about people not like me. Because afterall I don't need to watch movies about people like me, I already know what happens. Perhaps that's why I don't find home movies very interesting.

I'm not sure if this is a matter of pride or not but I don't want to be ordinary. I want to have something in my life that's extraordinary. In my piousness I want this thing to count for the kingdom. I want it to matter for God, honestly.

My new friend Matt Keller at Next Level Church in Fort Myers, FL has a saying that I really like. He too is a church planter. He always says Everyone is looking for the long bomb, the quick touchdown. But we've had to plant this church up the middle. One yard at at time. Painfully, slowfully, at God's pace.

No comments: