Thursday, December 28, 2006

21st Century Pastor: I find in working with people there are different kinds of people. I'm talking about the people that aren't part of our church but businesses I work through to get the services we need. Rather than just try to categorize I'll make note of interesting things.

Reverend: I have noticed that in the black community even if I introduce myself by my first name the person I am talking to is quick to call me pastor or Rev. instead of my first name. It really makes me feel respected. I'll go into their shop or place of business months later and they'll say "Hey Pastor!".

Papal Blessing: There are those that really like to do favors for me and The Bridge because I am a pastor. I'm not sure their logic but I can't help but think that they think I've got an inside angle at God and I can put in a good word for them. "Three days less in purgatory for you. Thanks for helping me out!"

Rebel: There are honestly those that are angry that I'm a pastor and that I work for God. I assume that they have either been burnt by a pastor or by a church before and it hurts my feelings that they are nasty towards me. I won't call it persecution, I'm not that dramatic, but it's still not nice.

No comments: