Monday, December 04, 2006

Join the Movement: We started "Join the Movement" this morning. If you've ever seen the movie Pay is Forward then you know the general idea of this. I made up some cards and gave them to our Launch Team. I encouraged them to simply buy someone coffee, lunch, a gift bag or any other idea they had. The idea is to start a gift giving movement. Giving gifts is beautiful because when we're given a gift we can remember the greatest gift of Christ coming to earth as a little helpless baby.

So let me encourage you- no matter where you live- Join the Movement


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

First: I bought a $5 gift card at Starbucks today and gave it to the cashier when I was getting my refill. I asked her to give it to someone. I was working as usual and almost missed the young mother with a 3 month old baby receive the card. I could tell she was a little confused at the whole "someone gave a gift card" but she was curious and read the card and seem pleasantly surprised.

Join the movement!

No comments: