Thursday, July 12, 2007


Divine Nobodies by Jim Palmer. I could write two reviews for this books. The first review would say that this book is one of a dozen books about basically the same topic- a christian who was jaded, is jaded and their stories of leaving the christian religion and finding Christ. These are books I'm drawn to because I find my story in them. So that's my first review, unoriginal and nothing extraordinary.

And here's my second review. I enjoy the stories of faith. I particularly moved by the story of his trip to southeast Asia and witnessing the child prostitution and sex slavery that takes place. That story really wrecked my day but in a very necessary way. I also like where he landed on the end with the church. He has chosen to remove himself from it despite once being a very successful pastor but he makes room for it in the believers life.

I don't know how to say this. I resonated with much of the book...perhaps too much. Perhap a little bit of bitterness that I saw I feel in my own heart sometimes...and that scares me a little.

18 of 52

No comments: