Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Why it's funny being a pastor part #1: After church Sunday I'm talking with 2 couples and we're just shooting the breeze. One of the guys asks me "what's the deal with having munchkins in church every Sunday are you trying to get everyone fat?" The other guy says "yeah but look at Nick he's lost a ton of weight. Nick how much have you lost?" I reply "52 pounds so far." Guy #1 goes "DAMN, how much did you weigh?" Wife of guy #1 gives him startled and panicked look. I carry on as if nothing was said while dying of laughter on the inside.

Why it's funny being a pastor part #2: I'm working out at the gym today and I see one of the guys that goes to our church. We talk a little like we normally do and his step son is with him. We've met a few times before but I don't really know the step son. We all three end our workout at the same time and so we get to the locker room at about the same time. I hit the hot tub for a few minutes while they go to shower. I then head to the shower and we're all in there together. The step son says "Hey Manny, what are you going to do now that your pastor has seen you naked?" Then he cracks up laughing and walks away...laughing the whole time.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Oh.my.gosh. That's so funny! I cracked up laughing, at both, then pulled Bernadette over to read them.

She, too, is amazed that someone said "Damn" in front of you.