Monday, June 14, 2004

Panic

Ever notice how people panic in certain situations. I was at Lowe's today to pick up some gate hinges so I can fix my gate and my hyper active dog will quit escaping. On my way back out to the truck to get my wallet I forgot I see this lady driving a Camry and this old dude who was driving a Stratus. The cars are both half in spots and both drivers are standing outside their cars. The lady who's bumper took the brunt of the incident was dented in on one of the corners. She was on her cell phone in an extreme panic not knowing what to do. The old dude was exactly opposite. He was leaning against his car just looking at her sympathetically, he could have been watching the waves at the beach for all his concern. I just thought it was funny to see those two extremes. The lady didn't need to panic as much as she did, no one was hurt, the damage was minimal. Kind of reminds me to not take things so seriously sometimes.

Pistons won again. I might actually watch some basketball next season.

How bout this guy in Texas that went after this foul ball. The video is pretty funny that a guy would go over a seat to get a foul ball but honestly I think it's been blown way out of proportion. The media makes it sound like the knocked the kid out of the way while he was going for the ball. The kid had no idea what had happened or that a foul ball was even close to him. The kid got bumped a little by his legs but that's it. Then the fans and lady made such a big deal about it the kid ended up getting a bunch of stuff from other players and fans. Moral of the story: Act like a victim and you get what you want.

No comments: