Wednesday, May 03, 2006

bzz: I was reading some blogs on my list and I came across an idea new to me. I have read the book The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell and in the book the talks about how different people are catalysts for explosive change- it seems that this trait isn't learned but rather just a natural talent. I have also read Purple Cow by Seth Godin which is a marketing book and promotes being remarkable to be seen. Both books talk abou the out datedness of television and radio commercials and how word of mouth is the best way to inform others of new products. People don't choose products because they are the best they choose them because they are the most heard. Basically popularity makes a product...popular. Sounds overly simple but it's true.

So this new idea is not new at all but new to me. A w.o.m (word of mouth) marketing firm that uses your average joe to get the new products. I signed up. You can to at bzzagent.com.

Add: We added 4 to our launch team last night. This is great news! In the coming weeks we will also be releasing our website and some publicity items to announce our website opening.

No comments: