Thursday, July 27, 2006

Torture: One of my good friends from college used to sit around and develop ways to conquer the world. It was a sort of Pinky and the Brain but it was Chris and Nick and Richard. The latter of the two playing a non strategic role. Chris would come up with forms of torture. One of which was to put two guys in a room together and the first one to bite the others lips off was allowed to live and the other...well he had his lips bitten off and they both had to live with the humilitation of being that close to another man's lips.

The other form of torture that I thought was blog worthy was to put a person in a round padded room and make them listen to Lisa Loeb non stop. Possibly to Chris' chagrin I have to confess that I now have a Lisa Loeb song on my ipod...and I like it.

Sorry buddy!

Went fishing: I went fishing this morning. I noticed how it's called fishing and not catching. If it was called catching people would actually catch something but since it's just called fishing it's a lot like hoping but with a rod and reel. But as I was leaving the old guy that runs the bait shop asked with a smug grin, "catch anything?" when he could clearly see I was carrying no fish...smart alek old fart...I replied "I didn't come to catch anything I just game to fish". He got a good laugh out of that and we said our goodbyes. So my fishing this morning was good. I was able to relax, let my mind wander, and get some inner peace. Refreshing.

No comments: