Thursday, June 28, 2007

50: Today I lost fifty pounds. Actually today I achieved one of my new year's resolutions. I've lost 52lbs so far. For my canadian friends that's 23.5 kilos and for my british friends ( I actually don't have any) that's 3.714 stones. I can't explain the feeling of victory to have continues success in this area. I am working hard at something and it's paying off.

The most surprising part of losing weight is how much I enjoy it. I'm nuts about excercise and I love excercising every day. On my days off I feel like I'm missing something. I'm also enjoying seeing the fruits of my labor in the weight lifting category. I wasn't sure I had muscles in certain very flabby regions but turns out I do...who knew?

The most important thing I've learned so far is to just go for it. If you're sitting there reading my blog and thinking "Good for him, but I'm not ready" I understand that. I did that many times. I has to be something you do for you because no one else is going to be able to make you do it. But who doesn't want to be healthy? Who doesn't want to have to stop buying bigger sized clothes?

So do yourself a favor and go for it.

No comments: