Wednesday, April 09, 2008

PRAYER: We kicked off our new and innovative message series called PRAYER on Sunday. I'm sure it will be hard to understand what it's about so I'll just spell it out for you. The new series is about prayer.

I am perhaps more excited about this series than I have been about a series ever. In my study of prayer the past few weeks my excitement has grown and grown. There is much to be understood about prayer and there is much most of us don't know. Really it's simple, not filled with rules as the mortal interacts with the divine. But at the same time I believe we either oversimplify it or over complicate it.

Mostly I think we ignore prayer, which is not only a shame but I believe a tragic mistake. It is through the prayers of godly men and women that God works.

Last Sunday my message was from Luke 11- Lord, teach us to pray as John taught his disciples. Jesus said to them, this is how you are to pray "Our Father, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come." You can listen to that message by going to www.sermonplayer.com/thebridgechurch

The next 4 weeks are as follows:

April 13: Ask, seek, knock

April 20: Barriers to answered prayer; what to do with unanswered prayers

April 27: Intercession; standing in prayer for those who can't.

May 4: Either prayer Q and A or the immeasurable power of God.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I keep meaning to tell you how much I enjoyed your sermon last week. I've been thinking about it off and on over the last several days (which is the mark, I think, of both a well-delivered sermon, and a sermon that God is using to speak to me).

And, I love the idea of Q&A. Provided you can get questions, of course.