Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Life Groups: Tonight we started our Life Groups. Life Groups represent one more piece of our ministry/discipleship plan. Like any other part of this plan is room for any person no matter where they are on their pursuit of Christ.

We are starting with two groups and I'm excited about both of the groups. My role is interesting in these groups, I want to be a support to the facilitators but don't want to be in their way. I want these groups to be theres. Up to this point...I've been the main guy, sort of the conduit of all things The Bridge. I know by design our church will never grow this way and I have disciplined myself to not pastor this way. I don't want to pastor this way.

Heather and I have decided to not be part of a group. This will free us up for other ministry ventures that will arise in the near future and will help keep my schedule clear. I have admit that I'll miss getting to know so many new faces. I love hearing people's faith stories and I love geting to know people. So it's hard to sit this round out but necessary.

No comments: