Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Understanding the difficult words of Jesus by David Bivin and Roy Blizzard. I bought this book hoping to get a little scholarly on the difficult words of Jesus. My curiousity as piqued when I knew I'd be preaching on the words of Jesus and wanting to get that right as possible. This book was short (128 pages) but more like a college text book than a book I'm used to reading.

About half the book was dedicated to defending the idea that the gospels were originally written in hebrew and then into greek later. Through that the hebrew idioms were lost in translation and some of the harder to understand things in the gospels might be attributed to this.

The other half of the book was actually given to the difficult words of Jesus and the authors opinion of what they may actually mean.



This is book 10 of 52.

No comments: