Monday, October 08, 2007


Catalyst: Last week 7 of us from The Bridge went to Catalyst. I had gone two years ago and just knew our group needed to go. I knew it would be beneficial to all of us but I honestly had no idea how much. I think all 7 of us walked away with that wow feeling that can only come from an encounter with truth and with God.

Personally I felt so challenged spiritually. Francis Chan word's really challenged me to pursue my calling passionately. A lot of times I tiptoe around what I'm supposed to do. Generally I do it with the good intention of minimizing damage or damaging words in others lives but honestly I'm just worried about what people with think of me. I don't want to be labelled a jerk. But his words made clear to me that God has placed me where I am for a great purpose and my call is to passionately fulfill that calling with all the boldness that God will give me.

Craig Groeschel challenged me to hate the mediocre things in life, to desire holiness in all that I do and to be a man of great integrity.

As a pastor it was incredible to see all of us open our hearts to the worship experiences provided. We morphed right there in that stadium of people. Not too sound to hippy but like a sunflower opens for the sun in the morning and follows the sun during the day that's the best way I can describe what happened in our group.

The best part of being challenged in a group like that is knowing you're not in it alone!

No comments: