Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Darlin': I frequent coffee shops. Every day they become my makeshift office. I've been using a new one lately and have gotten a little more familiar with the employees. There is the one lady that likes to call me pet names. You know not the sort that really mean anything...I suppose it's a southern thing but it irritates the crap out of me when the woman is my age or younger. I'm not darlin', honey, or sweatheart. Just get to know me a little and I'll debunk all those myths about me in about 30 seconds.

I'm waiting for the day that I'm called sugarbritches. After I regain consciousness I'll laugh histarically.

Jon Tal: I was working on my next teaching series this morning and I had a flashback to my senior year of college. As a pastoral ministries student we had to take 4 homiletics classes, that's fancy pastor talk for learning how to preach. The first two classes were learning how to outline, study and prepare the message and then the last two were delivery and all we did in those classes was deliver our sermons and get critiqued on them.

I have them on video somewhere and I'm sure they would be quite painful to watch. Remembering that I have pity on those two profs, the misery they must have endured to hear one bad sermon after another after another after another.

Jon Tal Murphree

No comments: