Monday, June 09, 2008

Photobucket
Photobucket
Grandma: I've blogged about my Grandma before but I'm going to do it again. Yesterday I went over to see her. I knew Granddad would be out shooting pool with my uncle so I figured she could use the company. I usually have Nathan with me and he keeps us entertained and they really enjoy spending time with him. But yesterday I didn't have Nathan so me and Grandma shared some conversation with just us, which doesn't happen very often.

I'm amazed at what she remembers at age 92, almost 93. She'll talk about my uncle, who is at least 56, and how he learned to walk and how he did this and that. She clearly dotes on the boys which is probably why we are so close. Sometimes we talk about church, religion, or politics. Mostly we talk about family. But it's not so much the subject matter that's important to me as is the fact that we're able to share the time.

No comments: