Monday, March 07, 2005

Teaching Schedule

It's Time: I've been struggling sometime now as far as what direction I want to go regarding teaching my students. We are a solid group of young believers with good direction and a pretty strong passion for growth in their relationships with Jesus Christ...sometimes. I love my students and expect great things from them and at the same time I want to give them expectations and have expectations of them that they can achieve. I know there will be times that I am disappointed in them but I want to always love them and I want them to know I am proud of them.

Normally I teach my students what God is teaching me. Lately God has been teaching me about my conception of church, being a believer, and what Jesus expects from me as his follower (as found in scripture). Frankly some of what goes through my head and what I am positive God is teaching me will not be smiled upon from my church. I don't think these thoughts are radical, but they are different...diametrically opposed in fact. If I teach this stuff, this truth, it's not going to go over well. It is going to cause tension, problems, and conflict.

So what's a guy going to do? Well I'll tell you what this guy is going to do. I'm going to go for it. I want to press on in what I am called to. I'm going to equip these young disciples the best I can and I am going to prepare them for the church I know will be here tomorrow not the one that is dying today.

God be with me?
God be with me!

No comments: