Saturday, February 25, 2006

Olympics: Well they are pretty much over and I have to say towards the end I believe then generated some interest. The Sasha Cohen story was exciting for a day or so and towards the end I think we were all rooting against Bode Miller. Ever notice how it's as much fun to cheer for someone to fail as it is for someone to win. Sick people! ESPN has an article highlighting 10 biggest bust in the Olympic games. A few of them I think are undeserved but the others...chomp away.

Ernie: I went to see my Grandma on Thursday. Granddad wasn't home so it was just me and her for a while. I took the time to learn about her life and her upbringing. My Grandma is 90 years old and was born in 1915. Every Monday she goes to the bowling alley and bowls in her Duckpin league, every thursday she goes grocery shopping. When I ask her how she's doing she tells me she's tired and then complains about the neighbors. She tells me stories about when I was a kid, stories I would never remember without her memories but after she tells me I can somehow dig them up. She tells me stories about her antics and for 90 she sure does get into her fair share. I learned that her friends call her Ernie (short for Ernestine). I also learned where I get some of my behaviors, like my generally cool temper that sometimes gets a little too riled up. Needless to say it was a great day!

No comments: