Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Akeelah: I'm a pretty big Starbucks fan which mean I like their coffee, I like the way they run their company, I like the way they deal with their employees and I like how they do business. Of course all of these things I only understand in the things I have read and heard because I have never worked at one. Generally I think they do stuff that is pretty smart and makes them a step better. I walk in the other day and I see an advertisement for Akeelah and the Bee about an inner city girl that makes a run at the National Spelling Bee championship...sounds like a thriller. I just don't understand why they (Starbucks) would align themselves with a movie like this. I also don't understand why they (movie companies) would make a movie like this. Of course now that Starbucks has endorsed it the movie should do quite well...but they won't get my $8.50!

No comments: