Monday, April 10, 2006

Anxiety: I remember as a teenager I would sometimes feel so overwhelmed with anxiety. It was generally when I quieted my life enough to listen to either my conscience or the conviction of the Holy Spirit. When these times came I would not quite sick but something very uncomfortable stirring within me. Now the feeling of anxiety comes when I know there is something unpleasant on the horizon- like gathering all of my tax papers.

This morning I took some time to recollect and reread the story of Jesus' triumphial entry. I've probably heard it a hundred times before and this time I took away the feeling of anxiety. Not for myself but a little bit of an understanding of what Jesus must have been feeling. Mentally I believe he was line up, he was ready to go but emotionally the knowing thought that your death is coming soon must have been unbearable. Jesus continued to speak and to teach and to put the final touches on his preparation of the disciples and world for life after his coming...but he was human...he understood anxiety.

The rest of this week I hope to journey through the passion week and I pray that God teaches me new things about his gift to us.

Winner: We went into our game on Saturday 0-2. We played teh 0-2 Angels so I felt like for the first time we were off to a victory. Tyler was the first to pitch and he pitched 3 great innings and we scored all 3 of our runs every inning. Then the rain hit, I would have loved to finish the game because we were rolling but the rain caused a delay and we left having played half the game and winning 9-6.

The rain out was rescheduled for the next day, sunday. I barely had enough kids to play (9) and I had to pitch a kid that is still working out the kinks. Our first inning we did well on the bases and once again scored all three of our runs. Then they got up to bat and scored all 3 of their runs. So we head into the 5th inning up only 12-9. They pitch a new pitcher and completely shut us down. That inning, due to a some great pitching, they only score 2 runs. Then we get up to bat and...get shut out again. So here we are bottom of the 6th inning winning 12-11. In minor league there is no overtime. At the end of the game if it is tied the game ends and you look back at previous innings and the last person that was winning wins the game. So for the other team it's all or nothing because we had been winning the entire game.

So bottom of the 6th and Mike is pitching really well. We get 2 quick outs and then Mike walks a guy. He steals second and then third. Next pitch is a passed ball and the kid scores a run. 12-12. Then the batter gets walked so they have the winning run on base and their best hitter up to bat. The kids steals second. This is not good. The next pitch comes...The kid at bat absolutely crushes the ball, I'm stunned. We had been winning the whole game only to loose it in the last play of the game. Back to the crushed ball. This ball is flying and hard. Right between my first and second baseman...Tyler my second baseman sticks out his glove and *whack* catches the line drive. 3 outs..game over...We win.

It was crazy!

No comments: