Monday, April 24, 2006

United 93: I have heard and read mixed opinion and emotions about this upcoming movie. For the most part I can force it to the back recesses of my mind where it has probably lived since September 12, 2001. I think that's the problem with this movie, or rather the problem I have with this movie and articles have alluded to this fact. It is said that people that lived through the 9/11 tragedy and survivors of those that died give their blessing for the movies, television shows and books that are written are ok with them being released while others, like myself, are not.

One factor in this I want to mention is that these people were face to face with this horrible experience while the rest of us were watching from our living rooms. The tragedy occurred in NY, DC and PA for the victims but on our couches in our homes for the rest of us. Don't get me wrong I know the victims families suffered exponentially more than any of us but they have been forced to carry on while I think somedays we can vividly take ourselves back to September 11 and relive it or to September 12 and pretend like it never happened, because except for longer lines in the airport and a suspicion for people of middle eastern decent it really didn't change my life much.

Frankly I think the timing of this movie is tasteless, awful, and a truthful but ugly nature of movie makers. I guess their mentality is strike while the iron is hot or before the bodies are cold. It hasn't even been 5 years. If Saving Private Ryan waited over 50 years to depict WWII then certainly they can wait just a few more.

I wonder why a Columbine movie hasn't been made yet...afterall it has been 7 years as of last Thursday.

No comments: