Thursday, February 15, 2007

Added: I added a few new blogs to my blog list over there. If you're not on this list and update your blog on a regular basis just drop me a comment and I'll put you on.

Wrestle: I've been wrestling with a few things this week. I'll try hard to not be too vague but no promises. Here's what I've been wrestling with. I believe that God's love extends to all people. I believe that the church should represent this grace. I also believe the church should represent the truth of the gospel and that truth is that you must believe and follow Christ.

Are we deceiving those who enter our doors and experience the message of grace? Because one day they are going to find that narrow is the gate and path to life and mostly that following Jesus is not fun, it's not really about what you want at all.

I think that's what I've concluded and of course this thought isn't original with me. Not even this time around. People as a whole want to add Jesus to their lives and adding Jesus to your life isn't a bad thing. Except that if you want to add Jesus you have to remove...you. It's part of that whole die to self idea. Adding Jesus isn't so much a practical idea either. It's like asking someone to come to your house but keeping them on the front porch. But Jesus knocks on doors...and he's persistent...that's the good news.

No comments: