Monday, February 12, 2007

Launch: So it's Monday evening and I can't believe that I haven't blogged about our Launch yet. Last night Heather and I just spent some time talking about everything that was awesome about our first Launch Service and it was first then that the gravity of the day sunk in just a little bit.

It's weird because you would think that there would be a sense of finality to our first Launch Service afterall prime objective #1 completed. So some of the exciting stuff.

1. Johnny and the praise band did an incredible job. I also think it's exotically cool that we have a cello in our praise band.
2. Attendance was strong- 110.
3. People connected to each other- the dunkin' donuts at the end of the service at the "bar" area was a huge hit. People hung out and there was conversation and laughter. Perhaps america really does run on Dunkin'?
4. People connected to God- I don't consider myself a "altar call" kind of guy but I thought a message on forgivness should encourage a response. So we had people bring their rocks of unforgiveness to the front to indicate their willingness to begin to a lifestyle of forgiveness. Many people responded...seems forgiveness is a pretty big deal!
5. We attracted young families, that was our goal and that's what happened.
6. Word of mouth continues to be our most powerful promotional tool. If you are known by someone at the Bridge chances are stronger that you will come to the Bridge.

Double: This week I do something I haven't ever done before. I preach two weeks in a row. I'm excited but I have to admit also a little nervous. I put a lot of energy into my messages and I've never done this before. I'll be fine it's just something worth noting.

Preaching: I really enjoy preaching. I want to be the best communicator I can using the gifts God has given me. I'm just glad I get the chance week after week now.

No comments: