Friday, February 02, 2007

Blogging: Sometimes you just feel like blogging even when you don't have much to say.

Today I took our postcards to the central hampton roads post office in Norfolk. By doing that I save our local post office the trip out there and made the delivery of the cards about 1 day faster. I tried to pay off the lady that received them at the post office but she kept thinking I was trying to buy more stamps. She told me that that post cards should arrive at people's homes tomorrow. That's better news than I was expecting.

Super bowl: I suppose the super bowl is blog worthy. The super bowl is fun because The Bears are in it and one of my good friends, Brandon, is a bears fan. That's nice when that happens. It's also hopeful to us Redskins fan that our team can ever make it back...and if we do math the Bear's way it will be another 7 years...crap!

Worry: In follow up to my blog last week about worry I have to say this week was not a poket full of sunshine. On monday I finally got hold of the print company we were using to print and mail our postcards. We had one a 5k piece mailer before and it was a lot of work that we didn't want to have to worry about this week, especially so close to the Launch. Basically 48hourprint.com told me they hadn't yet printed my postcard even though they were set to be put in the mail as I was talking to them on the phone. i asked them how long and they told me 6 days. I laughed. They still never quite admitted they dropped the ball in a major way.

So here I was monday at 5pm and we were scheduled to do this mailer. This mailer is pretty huge in the launch of the church, we are inviting family, friends, and co-workers and that's so very important but we wanted these mailers to inform 15k of people ages 18-45 about this new church in their community. The incredibly hard part was that we had two mailers scheduled and neither of them was going to happen. Huge deflator!

So plenty to worry about it, little to do about it.

I called Brandon and asked him what he thought about the situation. He mentioned that one of Heather's friend now worked at a print shop and we should see what she could do about the second mailer. Still I thought we should do two mailers.

So I ordered with clubflyers.com knowing that the soonest we could get the cards was thursday. So I placed the order, spent this week working with the the local company (Progressivegraphics.com) and picking up supplies for our 10k piece mailer we did last night.

The postcards did get to the house till 4pm yesterday! A mere 2 hours before the crew was showing up to work.

So I say all that to say that here it is friday. We have 10k cards in the mail and 15k being printed to be mailed on monday or tuesday of next week. This week was absolutely crazy and tiring. I worried this week despite my desire not to. But each time I told God I didn't want to worry and that I needed his help.

No comments: