Friday, February 09, 2007

Special: Last night was very special evening for our church. We had a time of prayer and if you know anything about me you know how much I love prayer meetings. I love them like an ingrown toenail and trust me I've had my fair share of both in my lifetime.

But last night I wanted to make special. We started with a time of personal confession and then confession to one another. Then we shared communion together. This was first for our church and something I wanted to do privately before we did it publically. As much as I like taking communion with a congregation I love it all the more with a smaller more intimate group.

Then we prayed for our church, the leaders, and for the services and services to come. Finally following Christ's example Heather and I washed the feet of those who will be serving in the church. Finally I prayed over our group and asked God's Holy Spirit to empower us in ways he never has.


Friday Funny: I haven't done this before but I've got a friday funny for all of my faithful blog readers. Which at last count is a whopping...3! Two of which are paid.

Becky makes a phone call.

The whole lot of em...
http://www.beforeiforget.co.uk/2006/little-becky

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, how can I get paid for reading your blog too? lol