Friday, February 23, 2007

Just one of those days I know I should try to get something down on this blog but I'm just not feeling the inspiration.

Books: I'm going to be moving through books at a good clip and while my first thought is to keep them all on my shelf and acquire a nice collection I'm to the point where my shelves are already full so I need to get rid of some stuff. I also feel pretty silly keeping all these books being that I probably won't read many of them a second time. So basically I need to give them away to a young leader who will read them and pass them on to another young leader. But I have to admit it's hard. I know just the guy though. His name is Phil and he was just a year behind me at Toccoa. He's a good guy, just accredited with the CMA and I think looking for a youth pastor position. So...what's up Phil- hope you enjoy the books.

Mentoring/Coaching: I've been interested in being coached for some time but have yet to really find a coach. I do have a guy that I respect and he's a good resource to me but it's still not the coaching relationship I'm hoping for. I also feel the desire to find a guy I can coach. So I need to give some serious prayer to this and ask me to find a guy that has the desire to be coached.

Chazown: I'm reading this book right now. It was part of the 3 books that Catalyst sent me prior to this year's conference. You can find out more information at www.chazown.com. This book has really challenged me in a few areas. It's stretched me to dream bigger than I can handle, bigger than I can imagine. One of these areas is in writing. I've known for years that I need to start writing more as a discipline than anything but I need to also write material that will be beneficial to others. God has plans for this.

The Boy: Nathan hasn't been well all week. Today I took him to the doctor. By myself. All alone. Did I mention Heather wasn't with me? Pretty much this was a horrible experience for both Nathan and I. Also I know this might be gross but Nathan has diarrhea. Which for a bigger kid is a problem for a not quite 2 year old it's just a nightmare. I've noticed now that many men's rooms don't have the nifty child changing table. This is a real problem.

No comments: