Friday, February 23, 2007

Chazown by Craig Groeschel. Since I started reading this I was telling people it was like the Purpose Driven Life but for the 20/30 something crowd. I don't think that's a fair description. In many way it reminded me of the old Sonlife training- foundations, advanced I and II but with a much more spiritual side. It's a good book and a good book to work through. I enjoyed it and was challenged by it. Craig starts out determining the 3 key areas of your life; Core Values, Spiritual Gifts and Past Experiences. Determining these determines your Chazown- God's greater calling on your life.

Then he goes into the five areas or "spokes" that need to in order for your Chazown to be possible. They are; God, People, Finances, Health and Work.

Very challenging and a very influential read!

Oh by the way. Craig Groeschel is the pastor of Lifechurch.tv. One of the Christian magazines, I think it was Rev. or Outreach called LifeChurch.tv the most innovative church in America. Neat things are happening at this church and they are using technology to a great advantage. Oh by the way. Their innovative stuff...it's all free. Messages, videos, promo clips, bulletin covers...all free! So mosey on over to LifeChurch.tv, tell 'em Nick sent you.

Book 8 of 52.

No comments: