Sunday, March 09, 2008

FPU: FPU meets on Thursday nights but for some reason I always think to post about it on Sunday. In case you're not a follower of DAVE or the FPU lingo let me elaborate. Financial Peace University is a program designed and endorsed by Dave Ramsey. You can read about FPU at www.daveramsey.com or you can take my word for it. FPU is a 13 week program about beating debt and building wealth. It's not a get rich quick scheme or any other type of scam; it's honestly just common sense packaged together. The principles are honestly so simply it's almost insulting but they are principles almost no one is living by these days.

Heather and I decided we didn't want to be normal anymore- normal being carrying a little debt a little debt here, not enough to hurt anyone but enough to keep us from reaching some financial goals we're made and ultimately reaching financial peace. We decided to offer it as a class to our church and we have about 30 people active in FPU. I've seldom been a part of a group that has shown change so quickly. I know that God is working in our hearts due to our discipline regarding money.

No comments: