Monday, March 24, 2008

Not Vacation: I'm taking off this week so I can be around the house so Heather doesn't go bonkers taking care of the two boys. So I'm on vacation. But it's NOT vacation because we aren't going anywhere. But don't hear that as a complaint. All ready I'm thinking so much clearer, enjoying life much more and I've felt my stress level decrease a good bit.

So here's to having a good not vacation! I've got some reading and studying I want to get done, I want to spend some time with Heather, Nathan and Seth and I need to get some stuff done around the house to get it ready to put on the market here in a few weeks. So it will be a busy week of not vacation but I'm looking forward to it.

Jacked Up: A couple of times a week Nathan and I have a time where we wrestle usually on the floor sometimes on the couch. Nathan tells me he's going to jack me up and I tell him I'm going to jack him up. I enjoy the threats from my 3 year old.

Last night we're wrestling and Nathan says "Nick is my brother." talking about me. I look at him and ask "What do you call me?" (hoping for either "Dad" or "Boss Man") He said "Pastor Nick."

He's started this thing lately where he finds it funny to call me Pastor Nick. We were at the playground the other day and he starts calling me Pastor Nick. It's always funny when he does it because I feel like suddenly all of the parent's in the playground see me in a different light. I go from wearing jeans and t-shirt to wearing old oversized pleated suit pants and a Mr. Rogers sweater in an instant.

I'm telling you now if he does it again in public he's going to get jacked up.

ps. I really like Mr. Rogers. He was a good man and actually on my short list of people I want to meet in heaven. I just needed the picture as an example.

No comments: