Friday, November 12, 2004

Coward

Even though I own Saving Private Ryan I normally don't watch it because everytime I do I dream I am storming the beach. It's not getting shot at or even getting shot in my dream that bothers me but the fact that I am killing others...people just like me.

Last night it was on TV unedited. I was flipping though and almost passed it up, then I thought if our veterans lived though this the least I can do it watch it and risk having a bad dream. There is a part at the end. The translator is carrying the ammo for his group. All of them men have run out of ammo and they can't find the translator. That's because the coward is hiding in a house so that he's not shot at. What's worse? The coward has a chance to save countless of his men, men I'd like to think were his friends or at least would try to save his life and instead he lets them die. Because he is a coward. So as I was thinking how much of a girly man this guy was...

How often do I pass up the chance to save someone's life...or at least offer them life saving truth and pass it up? Maybe I'm the coward because I know the truth about eternity and too often keep it to myself.

No comments: