Monday, November 15, 2004

Too much power

I've been wondering would the message of Jesus Christ be more effective if Christians didn't have as much power. It seems that so many people feel attacked by Christians and this Jesus gospel. I think that for starters they misunderstand about what Jesus was really about. I think "christians" have misrepresented HIM for so long; the message is so muddled it hurts. But think about it if we don't like something that goes down in our country we can cause enough ruckous about it to at least be heard if not to get things changed.

We even have enough votes, depending on the articles you have read, to determine who the president will be and who will represent us in congress. But what if evangelical, gospel believing and acting Christians had no power in the United States. I think things would get ugly fast. I think we would be persecuted and would leave tough lives. But would it help the gospel, the TRUE gospel, the Jesus gospel? People would know we are genuine, they would know we believe not because we are on the "winning" team but because we really believe what Jesus taught. I think there'd be a lot less fakers or nominal christians. If you didn't believe it you wouldn't say you did.

Now I'm not saying I want to be persecuted I just think we feed our "christian" egos too much, expecially after this election. Our attitude says we can control the gov't...but controlling the gov't doesn't introduce people to relationship with Christ or save souls from eternal hell.

Jesus tells us in Luke 14:11 For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.


No comments: