Sunday, November 14, 2004

republicans vs. democrats

I think it's funny now that the republicans have won the white house two elections in a row all of a sudden conservatives are stupid and dumb. I can tell you how many times I have heard that if you have any sense or half a brain then you vote democrat. This article http://www.urbanarchipelago.com/ is quite the rally call for democrats but takes it's fair share of cheap shots at conservatives.

Suddenly people with certain morals and convictions in America are stupid. I guess I would label myself as a conservative, and yes even a republican. But I have to be honest and say that this election I took a good hard look at the democratic party and the reason I could not consider to take my vote thier way is the lact of integrity and consistency NOT the fact that I didn't like their platform. I think the democratic party has a lot going for it that the church should be attracted to. Helping the poor and public school reform being the ones that stick out to me.

But then I read articles post election calling me stupid because I voted one way or the other it makes me want to hate monger right back. But I will be the bigger man...the funny thing is that democracy is a beautiful thing when it represents you but when the vote goes against you and your candidate doesn't win suddenly everyone else is stupid. The beautiful thing about American is that we like a good cry baby. They're nice to have around, makes for good news and good things to post on your blog!

1 comment:

me said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.