Monday, November 22, 2004

Some people get it right!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,139316,00.html


With all this fiasco of brawls in sports, violence in sports and players and fans clashing it is nice to see some schools and institutions take a stand. This is a hard hit for the schools and is a big step, I know it doesn't mean much but I am proud of U of South Carolina and Clemson administration for not accepting any bowl bids as punishment for a fight that broke out during the game Saturday. Well done! Thanks for providing some sanity to the sports world.

1 comment:

Jeff Stilwell said...

I agree. I'm in the heart of Gamecock Country in Columbia, SC. I have not heard any negative comments about the punishments other than it's not enough. It's good to know people still want to hold to some form of accountability. I've been talking to my teens a lot about role models the last few weeks. These are great discussion starters. I see your posts on YS Forum. Thanks for the input.