Thursday, January 18, 2007

Soul Cravings by Erwin McManus. Reading his books are always a challenge because while I admire him greatly and think he's great I have a hard time getting into his books. This one wasn't incredibly different but it was a good read. This is book 3 of 52. I've been able to stay on pace with my books goal. We'll see how this goes when/if I start coaching baseball and we get more into our launch phase.

Launch Phase: This sunday will be our final preview service. I'm excited and just got nervous about it last night. I find I spend so much of my time trying to make it all go down the date sneaks up on me. This time it's been locking down the location. I was getting a yes from everyone required but they were having a hard time communicating with each other to lock down our location.

Settle: God made it pretty clear to me this week and last that The Bridge Church wasn't going to be one that got going and then settled down into business as usual. I think it's always going to be this way. Which is fine with me but at the same time it was a realization God needed to bring me to and not something I was to decide for us.

I'm not even sure what this means. I think it means multiple locations, whether by choice or by force. It means that things are always going to go as we want and that we're going to need to remain flexible. There are great joys in this and there are great challenges. The first challenge is going to be communication and informing our people and our visitors where we're going before we go there whether it's trying something new in our services or someting else.

Video: We should have a new promo video up on here and ready for distribution in about a week or so. I'm having our service recorded this week to put into a dvd. I'm also working on getting our podcast up and running so people can listen before they visit to see if it's their style.

4 of 52: Next to read is This beautiful mess by Rick McKinley. I'm always looking for a good book to read so if you have any personal recommendations drop me a comment.

1 comment:

James said...

hey Nick - hope you had a great service - if you've never read douglas coupland, it's quick and insightful - and canadian - "life after god" is one of his best on christianity and current culture.

also - good use of "because while" in your first sentence. I'm going to try and use that in a paper this month...lol