Sunday, March 26, 2006

#1:As a church planter for my district I am assigned to preach at various churches around the district. Last week I was at a church in Richmond and generally I only do these about once a month it just worked out that this week I was at Portsmouth. But because Portsmouth is only a few miles from our house it wasn't a big deal. This morning I spoke on the glory of God and how his presence and glory is dependant on the condition of our heart. I started with a look at Solomon's temple and the promise God makes to Haggai about the rebuilding of that temple and then moved New Testament with Christ being the fulfillment of the temple and eventually believers being called the temple because we are know where the Spirit dwells. I felt this sermon needed to be preached and I was obedient to God in this but I had a hard time all week making it into managable piece I felt I could share. I like to put and individual spin on my messages with illustrations or props but was never able to get around to it this week. Either way I believe God honored my words and they penetrated the hearts of the people.

#2:Tonight I gave a message I had given twice before but was able to add some things this afternoon and felt it went better than ever before. Tonight our entire launch team and most of our LiFE Group was at the service and there was an excitement in the air. It was neat to have them there and have them hear and I think even realize the vision for Suffolk. My friend Brandon even shared a bit of his story during the question/comment time and his words are just affirming with what God is doing and is going to do through The Bridge Church.

No comments: