Friday, March 03, 2006


Birthday: Today is Nathan's first birthday. What an amazing year this has been! I have understood the fatherhood of God more this past year than ever before in my life. It makes sense but the depth of love that a father feels for his son/daughter is unlike any other love on earth. Man and woman fall in love parents and children are born to love.

Nathan grows bigger and learns something new practically every day. My favorite thing he does is smile. He's been doing it for months now but I never get tired of seeing his toothy smile. In fact when he's doing something he shouldn't and I tell him no he smiles at me and I have to look away to keep from smiling back. My second favorite thing he does is give kisses. I worked on this for months with him, I'd kiss his cheek and then tell him to give me a kiss. Finally he did start giving big, wet, open mouth kisses on the cheek. Like any boy he doesn't do them all the time but when he won't give you one he smiles and knows he's being difficult. It's a win-win.

2 comments:

James said...

Happy Birthday!!

Kristy said...

This is my favorite thing about Nathan - when he smiles, his whole face smiles.