Wednesday, March 08, 2006

WBC: aka the World Baseball Classis is underway and I happened to catch a short bit of the Venezuela game yesterday. But this article was cool because it has two students from Olivet Nazarene where one of my former students goes to school.

Two other fans with split affections, Chris Eleiott (Yankees) and Paul Adams (Red Sox), expressed themselves by covering their bodies in Wal-Mart house paint. The two college students from Olivet Nazarene University in Illinois were in Phoenix for spring break.
"I'm not quite sure everybody is as pumped up as we are," said Eleiott, a mini American flag painted across his face. "But we've been jacked about this for a while. It's sick. Have you seen the U.S. lineup? It's so sick. Ten to 20 years from now, this is going to be huge. And I'll be able to say I was at the first one."


Bonds: News flash in a new book coming out there might be more evidence that Barry Bonds knowingly took steriods to increase his game because he was jealous of the cracker Mark McGuire breaking the home run record. Read an editorial here. My question is did we really need a book to know this guy was taking steroids.

1 comment:

Jason Mitchell said...

While you are visiting churches, why not come on up here and spend a weekend with Jen and I. I show you around here also.

Just a thought.