Tuesday, March 07, 2006

8 Below: This post is delayed but still worth mentioning. Heather and I had a free babysitter on Thursday night so we decided to catch a movie. 8 Below was the only thing playing that look worth seeing. I'm not sure why I thought it was worth seeing, I don't think I had even seen a preview for it but I guess a friend recommened it and I thought we'd give it a shot. Granted it is a Disney Dog movie but I have to admit it was excellent. It had times of suspense and times of action and overall it was a really good movie.

Nametags: I've noticed in our visiting of so many churches that many churches put nametags on their staff. Staff being anyone doing a job of some sort. I'm not sure I really see the reason. If a greeter is greeting people then there is not need to describe her role because her actions are speaking for themselves. Really the only area these nametags seem like a good idea is with children that way people know they are leaving their children with "official" children's workers rather than some stranger with animal crackers and apple juice. I was thinking how funny it would be if we wore nametags with our mess ups on it not our positions. Moses' nametag would have said "murderer", David's would have said "adulter and murderer", yours would say...mine would say...

Saved by faith- covered by grace

2 comments:

James said...

That sounds a lot like the novel, The Scarlet Letter. which I haven't read, but still want to.

James said...

That sounds a lot like the novel, The Scarlet Letter. which I haven't read, but still want to.