Monday, March 20, 2006

MacBook Pro Wireless issues

Up and rolling. The guy at the apple store was incredibly helpful yesterday and he wasn't trying to sell me a bunch of crap I didn't feel I needed. He answered all of my pc to mac questions and told me he had just made the recent switch over. That fact alone helped me out a ton. He did tell me that MacBook Pro does not work with a linksys wireless router. Well seeing as that's the router I have here at the house I was slightly disgruntled but not enough to change my mind. So I get home last night and sure enough I can't get my new Mac on the wireless network. I played around with it for a good while and to no avail. Finally I gave up and took a shot at it this morning. With the help of my good friend Google I am now up and running on my home wireless network and I kept my linksys router. YES! Here is the link for anyone that might need this information in the future.
http://raibledesigns.com/page/rd?entry=macbook_pro_and_wireless

1 comment:

Jason Mitchell said...

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back.

You will soon learn that us mac users are arrogant snobs and you will have the attitude soon that every pc user you come into contat with is virtually living in the 19th century. At least that is what happened to me.

By the way, there isn't as big a learning curb as you think. Just find the function for right click (ctrl + bar) and you are golden.