Thursday, March 23, 2006

Practice: I'm a baseball coach for our local little league. I really do enjoy it very much and just enjoy the game of baseball and I enjoy the kids as well. 90% of them are teachable and it's so amazing to see them improving over the course of the past few weeks. Somedays it seems like from practice to practice they get better. Last night we were hitting and 2 of my least athletic kids where batting and I wasn't expecting much out of them, the first pitch Calvin really got a hold of and it went pretty far and pretty fast. I figured he got lucky. The next pitch he lined back at my face and again I figured he got lucky again. Turns out pitch after pitch he kept hitting really well. It was awesome. All of the kids, who know Calvin is a little slow were dumstruck...so was I. Before long the kids were like Go Calvin...I think they were cheering him on to hit me in the face!

So about this practice issue. For some it seems to be optional. I have tried and must have failed because I can't seem to get across the point that if your kid get doesn't practice then he's going to be playing right field 2 innings a game.

No comments: