Thursday, June 15, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
5: Tomorrow Heather and I have been married for 5 years. I can't express in words how much I love Heather and how great she is. She is the most unselfish person I know and anyone should be blessed to be able to call her friend. She is my best friend and closest companion and an incredible mother to our son, Nathan. Heather, I love you with all of my heart!

Kiss: I forgot about this until this morning and I'm not really sure what brought it up. I live very near my Grandparents and with my Grandma being almost 91 and Grandad trailing 10 years behind at almost 81 I figure I better get over to see them as frequently as I can manage. You have to understand my Grandad. He's from upstate New York but he swears he's never going back and he calls himself a damn yankee. He carries a gun all the time, even while cutting his grass, and he's a republican because they let you carry guns. He believes 9/11 was a government conspiracy. He loads his own ammo and tells me that if his house ever catches fire and I'm anywhere near it to just run. He also tells me that if we're ever attacked by another country or even our own we're to meet at his house and I'm to bring my guns. His nickname for me growing up was Porkchop and fathead. He has manuevers that can inflict pain on any child aged 2-99, they are known as the "one finger hurt" and the "ham". But one thing we always know about Grandad is that he'll do anything for us and he loves us very much.

So with all that said about my Grandad last time I was leaving his house he gave me a big hug..and he kissed me on the cheek.

Then on Saturday after the wedding I was officiating the grooms father who I know pretty welll gave me a big hug...and kissed me on the cheek. I was surprised but not bothered. It was a surprisingly appropriate thing to do. So there it is maybe the kiss is coming back.

1 comment:

Jason Mitchell said...

The only thing going through my head now is who I would NOT want kissing me.