Thursday, June 01, 2006

Headphones: I often work at Starbucks, I enjoy the same wifi as I do at home and can work pretty much just the same. Generally I can work with very few distractions aside from the ones I enjoy like meeting people or drinking coffee. Sometimes though I'll put some music on either ipod or computer and enter into my own little world complete with sountrack.

Wearing headphones is funny for two reasons. The first is that people tend to stare more, I'm assuming this happens because they get confused and can't decipher if you're wearing blinders or headphones. The second reason I enjoy wearing them is because if there is someone sitting beside you having a conversation they will reserve what they say to whispers or avoid embarrassing situations but you put those headphones on they assume you're jamming you and they talk completely free about all of life's problems.

Fathom: You might have heard by now about this story. Our friend Kristy went to Taylor University and she told us a month or so ago about the awful accident that killed 5 students when a truck collided with their van. Among the survivors was a young woman that was in a coma and here family was caring for her at bedside. Yesterday they discovered that the daughter they were caring for wasn't their daughter at all but another young woman that was involved in the accident. Their daughter had been killed in the accident. Read the complete story here- no commentary will follow. Complete Story

No comments: