Monday, June 05, 2006

I'm not sure if my connection with Blogger is good right now so this entry might be a waste but we'll see. It's been a long weekend since I posted...

Too tight: Do you ever tie your shoes too tight? Generally I don't notice I've done this until I'm sitting in a tight place like an airplane or a cramped car. Then no matter how much I try to ignore it the cramped feeling comes over me and I can't sit still and start going crazy podering the whole time if this infact is what Hell might be like. I also figure that this is what it might be like to be stuck in a box without enough room like solitary confinement but not the american style the turkish prison style.

This is what it felt like to watch the Jennifer Aniston/Vince Vaughn movie The Break Up. I would actually prefer getting punched in the face a few times as opposed to having watch this movie ever again. It was horrendous! If you feel the need to waste $8 on this movie don't...if you still need to waste the $8 then you can send a check to my address- email for more information. nick@suffolk-bridge.org

Lost: Not the TV show but with the same result. After a rain out on Saturday and sitting in the BLAZING sun for 2 hours on sunday we finally played our first playoff game. The kids played ok but not as good as they can and they made some very critical errors at pretty much the worst possible time. But what was most discouraging them acting so poorly in the dugout. Stuff we've dealt with over and over and over again this season and they are still doing like spitting sunflower seeds at each other. My person favorite, waiting till someone spits a seed and then trying to run into it so you can tell on them. Playing in the dirt while at shortstop and the list goes on.

We play what might be our final game tonight. If we lose we're done for the season if we win we will play on Friday, frankly I just want our kids to play their best and to end the season on positive note whether that's win or lose.

Worry: While on vacation I really felt God talking to me about not worrying so much. I find this a reaccuring theme in my life but one that I don't mind working on. The worry was in regards to what God has called me to do and encouraging me to work but not worry at planting this church. God will provide and I will be faithful. The thought kept occuring that if it's all stripped away- all of it. I'll still be ok and even better than ok because I'll be a child of God.

Then as I'm thinking these thoughts and just exploring the divine process of not worrying about life we meet these people. They probably worried very little about life but with the abscense of worry didn't come freedom but it seemed like apathy. So I had to ask myself and God what the difference is. They aren't worried but they held jobs with minimal impact on the world, their whole goal in life was to stay alive and have as much fun as they can until they die. It was then that worry didn't seem like such a bad thing as long and I'm worried about the will of God and not the will of Nick.

So I'm not sure where I landed on all of this worry talk- i guess I won't worry about it.

No comments: